Skip to content
Alcohol absorption process
- Alcohol is not diggested. Alcohol is absobed straight from the stomach to the bloodstream. Within a few minutes, the blood distributes the alcohol throughout the body. The effects can last several hours.
- Alcohol effects can vary according to:
- body size, physical state, sex: male or female, accustomance, time of consumption, mood, tiredness.
- food consumption: on a empty stomach, alcohol is absorbed very quickly, increasing the effect.
- Alcohol is a depressant: it slows down parts of the brain, and affects the central nervous system.
Immediate alcohol effects:
- Alcohol relaxes and inhibits people: you feel more confident and chatty.
- Alcohol creates a “etat d’ivresse”: jovial n merry feelings arise.
- Alcohol afeects the central nervous system: slurred speech, sight fuzzy, decreases your vigilance.
- The hangover effect, one or more of the following symptoms:
- headache caused by dehydration.
- Sick and raw feeling of stomach.